ACC (Architectural Control Committee)
                                                          ACC Frequently Asked Questions

Q.  What is the ACC? 

A. The ACC is comprised of volunteer homeowners from Willow Creek 2, who care about preserving Willow Creek’s architectural style and character. The mission of the Architectural Control Committee “ACC” is stated below. The ACC recognizes the property rights of the HOA members and the diversity of tastes and styles held by each.

Q. When are ACC meetings held? 

A. Meetings are scheduled for the first Tuesday of each month from January to November

Q. Why do we need the ACC?

A. Many homeowners choose a covenant controlled community in order to avoid a neighborhood of strange colored houses, to avoid cars parked on lawns, to ensure that property values are maintained etc.  The mission of the WC2 ACC is as follows: To preserve and protect property values within the neighborhood, the mission of the Committee is
 (a) to ensure that improvements proposed for installation, replacement, or construction on any lot are compatible and harmonize with the architectural scheme of the neighborhood, and comply with the Declarations and rules, regulations and guidelines of the Association, and
(b) when delegated by the Board of Directors, to enforce compliance with such Declarations, rules, regulations and guidelines dealing with construction and/or maintenance of lots or improvements thereon.

Q.  What does Covenant Controlled Community mean?

A. A covenant contains community guidelines that all community members must follow. Homeowners agree to abide by these guidelines when they purchase a house in the community.  Our community is Willow Creek 2 Homeowner’s Association (WC2HOA). There are three different Willow Creek communities (WC1, WC2 and WC 3), each of these have different covenants and guidelines. The WC2 Covenants require the ACC to “exercise its best judgement to see that all improvements, construction, landscaping and alterations on land within WC2 conform and harmonize with existing surroundings and structures”. 
Click here to view ACC Guidelines

Q.  How does ACC enforce the Covenants?

A.  Under the direction of the Board, the ACC appointed an inspector who inspects WC2 once a month. The inspector reports these inspections to the ACC.  ACC members often verify the reports, and they are reviewed at ACC meetings.  Notifications of violations are sent to homeowners by our management company, TMMC.  (This information needs to be verified.)

Q. Do I need to provide a submittal even if I am painting my house the same colors, or replacing something that was previously approved?

A. Yes, it is required to obtain approval, even to re-paint your house the same color, or replace anything that already was approved.  This ensures that houses remain within the guidelines of the Association. This also protects you as a homeowner.

Q. How do I obtain a submittal form? 

A.  ACC submittal forms can be obtained from the website under the ACC Documents.  
Click here to view ACC Submission Forms 

Q.  Where do I send a submittal? 

A.  Submittals can be mailed to TMMC Management at P.O. Box 1540, Castle Rock, CO 80104, faxed to 303-814-8267, or e-mailed to

Q.  Are there any specific guidelines that address exterior changes in Willow Creek 2? 

A.  Yes, the updated guidelines for Willow Creek are now on the website listed under ACC Documents.
Click here to view ACC Documents

Q. How do I evaluate my own home for ACC violations?

A. The following is a list of some, but not all, common violations you will want to check for:
Click here to view Spring Inspection list

Please note:  If you intend to install any new landscaping features, repaint your home (even the same color), replace your driveway, replace your garage doors, replace your roof, or perform any improvements to the outside of your home or landscaping, you must also file a formal submittal with the ACC and receive approval prior to commencing work. 
Forms and instructions for ACC submittal may be downloaded at:
Click here to view ACC Submission Forms

Q.  What is the fastest way to get approval of a submittal?

A. We sometimes receive requests a day or two after we have met, and then the homeowner must wait until the next meeting in order for their request to be reviewed. 
For quicker approval of your submittal, be sure your request is within the guidelines. You may also attend an ACC meeting with drawings that fully explain your proposal. Be sure to bring samples with the colors or the materials you plan to use. Samples used must be the specified size. Contact Michelle Peck at to be added to the upcoming ACC meeting (if there is room on the agenda), or to ask specific questions about your submittal. 

Q. What can I do if my submittal is denied?

A. Homeowners have the right to appeal to the ACC within 10 days after notification of the ACC decision.  A written appeal should be sent to the ACC through our TMMC manager, Michelle Peck, at, 303-985-9623 x 6311.
Unless extenuating circumstances exist, the ACC will hear the appeal at its next regularly scheduled meeting. If homeowners are once again denied, they may appeal to the Board.
For specific information,
Click here to view ACC Guidelines and

Click here to view Covenant, Rule, & Community Guide Enforcement

 Q. Why did I get a violation letter?

A. The most common violations are: the need to paint, failure to paint the garage doors the field color of the house, need to remove dead trees, or tree limbs, landscape maintenance, roof repair/replacement, replacing warped garage doors, replacing/repairing cracked or spalling concrete, trash cans being visible from the street, If you receive a violation letter and you have a question, contact our TMMC manager, Michelle Peck, at, 303-985-9623 x 6311. 

 Q. How much time do I have to correct a violation?

A. Your violation letter will specify the time you have, you may need to submit an application to the ACC in order to comply.  If you are not clear after reading the violation letter, contact our TMMC manager, Michelle Peck, at, 303-985-9623 x 6311. 

Q. What can I do to my warped decorative beams? 

A. Many of these beams need some form of maintenance work. Caulking and painting may suffice for some, others may be warped and or beginning to rot and will need replacement. Any exterior work, including beams, requires a submittal to the ACC. If you are considering removing the beams, that also requires a submission and that submission should include an architectural plan showing details of additions such as foliage, structure, etc. to improve the appearance of your home.